Ryan and I live a pretty healthy/clean lifestyle and have been tweaking and changing different products that we buy over the past couple years. It took some hard work on my part trying to convince Ryan to hop onto my natural train, let me tell you...men can be a little stubborn when it comes to their workout supplements! But he's been doing very well with the transition and I couldn't be happier!
And I would just like to mention that I didn't just jump onto the healthy bandwagon, I've been pretty obsessed with health and what I put into my body since I first started high school...and that was many moons ago people. I don't buy organic/raw/vegan or natural products because I want to be posh or "in," I truly care about what goes into my body as well as Ryan's. I find that most people are using the word organic much like the way people like to flash around their Starbucks cup. Which by the way, I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks, I just don't think their coffee is that amazing, I'm sorry...I'm a party pooper...I hope we can still be friends ;)
Anyway, I wanted to share a couple healthy alternatives with you that we use on a daily. Cause I know how intimidating it can be when you're at the store trying to choose something new when there are literally shelves full of products. So luckily I've done all the dirty work for you! Over the years I have done tons of researching and testing out of different products and these are some of our favorites! I hope you enjoy!
- Raw Protein: Both Ryan and I pretty much drink a protein shake every day. I've been the guinea pig when it comes to trying out the different types of protein powders. Ryan was pretty skeptical on all the alternatives, but this Raw Protein is one of the best tasting ones that I have come across! One serving provides 17 grams of protein! And it is vegan, gluten free, and dairy free! Most traditional protein powders are heavily processed...and no one wants that! And they contain whey which is a dairy derivative. For the most part we stay away from dairy...except on occasion...like when we have a rare but tasty ice cream treat :)
- Vitamins Only : Basically there's not much to say about these. They're vitamins. ha! But if you're eating a healthy diet and getting all the recommended minerals through fruits and veggies, then there's really no need to add them into your vitamins.
- Pre-Workout Energizer: Ryan is obsessed with taking a pre-workout supplement and he has been since I met him. And holy moly y'all....it was like literally trying to take a pacifier from a baby to get Ryan to switch to this pre-workout supplement. The ones he used to use would freak me out. They literally had a mile long list of ingredients! He believes he needs to take something before he works out to get him pumped up and ready, I tried getting him to just stop taking anything completely but that was a no go. This Vega Sport supplement smells EXACTLY like a fig newton! And the flavor is actually very similar to the ones he used to buy, but with only like 7 ingredients!! And strangely....he says this one works even better than those bad ones! YAY!
- Green Superfood: This is my favorite!! Ryan can't stand it. He says it smells and tastes like algae. ha! But I love it! It gives you a natural boost of energy and so many other benefits! I mix mine into a smoothie...a frozen banana and some vanilla almond milk is perfect!
- Raw Fiber : We all know what fiber does...it helps support digestive and bowel health...who doesn't want/need that?! I usually just mix mine into my protein shakes, but you can sprinkle some into/onto your food as well!
- Coconut Oil : Now I'm sure evvvvvvvverybody knows about coconut oil and all it's magical benefits, but just in case someone is still in the dark, you can read more about it here! We use coconut oil as our every day lotion and it's pretty amazing. We pretty much use coconut oil on everything! As a lotion, a conditioner, cooking, pretty much everywhere! Instead of butter spread some coconut oil onto your toast in the morning! Trust me, you will thank me ;)
Do you live a healthy lifestyle? Have you used any of these products? What are some of your favorite healthy alternatives?